Friday, February 9, 2007

Pilot Post

Welcome!
Come right on in to Coco Flicks.


I don’t know about you ---as for me--- I love movies. Movies take me “away” – entertain me – challenge me – inspire me. I remember being when I was about 8 or 9 and my mom and dad taking me to see Shenandoah –at the big screen (Our only choice back then) and just being mesmerized . The movie theater was jam packed – not a seat left --- and I can recall thinking – this is great – I love being with all these people seeing this great movie. I still remember lines from Jimmy Stewart –as I grew older I would find “like minded” friends that could quote lines with me “Pass the butter peas “or say “Martha" like Mr. Stewart did – I discovered an unspoken connection with folks ---we saw the same movie and we both took in the same thoughts – we were moved or somehow effected by what we experienced. Love it when that happens ! The family dinner and prayer scene in Shenandoah still is etched in my memory.


So . . . any hoo this Coco Flicks is about what I like! No ratings.
For me . . . some movies are award winning in the “real" world and that is fine. However, I have my own system and like what I
like . . . just because.
If you are the same type person – who just wants to decide for yourself what you like ----“Yes, I liked that movie “or “ya know, that might be a rental” ----You are my kinda person.
Some movies are just “feel good “ movies friends like to go and simply “be “ together and enjoy generally--- No shooting – no violence all the typically guy stuff.
Other movies are tear jerkers – I like those , too --- why? Gets my emotions out – I emote with the characters and they usually get imprinted in my soul—and that’s art for me. Like “Steel Magnolias” – “Beaches”---

Hope you enjoy CoCo Flicks.

No comments: