Saturday, February 10, 2007

About CoCo Flicks . . .

1. I hope to let you know what movies I enjoy and why--- without rating them. . .where did that get started anyway?

2. I will most certainly overuse words as in :
Like --love it -- wonderful -- so this will not be a grammar perfect blog--Yeah!

3. Sometimes I will discuss TV shows and stage productions . . . just depends on where the spirit leads me. Maybe throw in a song I am enjoying here and there-- we will see.

4. Who rates movies anyway ?? And decides if we like what we see -- so -- on Coco Flicks I will write about characters---- scenes ---- actors excelling at their craft to ME! the aim here is to enjoy and be lifted out of your everyday life . . . Not award shows or ratings. . . rating is not the goal of Coco's Flicks. So if you are super picky -- oops! you might think this is a bit sappy -- that's cool.

5. Awards -- I love to Oscar "watch" --in fact I am trying to view as many nominated films as possible before the end of Feb. HOWEVER -- I maintain in my heart that I ,Coco, am the the ultimate decider --for me-- about a performance in a film. Sometimes I wish a nomination was the the "win"----- it's so subjective .

6. The only important criteria is . . . if I enjoy the movie and it speaks to Me. . . Coco.

1 comment:

mike said...

when are you gonna start reviewing some good movies?