Saturday, February 10, 2007

Vintage Classic Love Movies for Valentine Month

Since is February --- the "love "month" -- I guess someone decided to bring out on DVD some old classics.

I saw one today being advertised --- A Summer Place--with Sandra Dee and Troy Donahue (Loved that movie! I have seen it so many times.
Love the theme song . . . A Summer Place. . . "bells will be ringing . . ."
Years ago I even learned to play it on the piano.

Speaking of "old" love classics:
What about Splendor in the Grass ???? Maybe one of my all time favorites! Truly.
Sweet, sad and bittersweet --
It stars Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty

Get out the Kleenex --Boo Hoo-- Boo Hoo !!
To quote:
Tho' nothing can bring back the hour. . ."
See the movie and you will be looking up poetry. I promise.

And another love classic "go to" for me is Roman Holiday --with, yes, once again starring that cutie---Troy Donahue--- and Suzanne Pleschette (I must have really liked Troy)
Again -- loved the music and the story --so romantic.


-----------------

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Being "wet behind the ears," I haven't seen any of these! BUT--they must be good to get this kind of review at 5AM!!!! Looks like I am in for a marathon! Hugs -